Friday, January 20, 2012

Roman&Williams







via The Scout There are a lot of players in the New York design world but for me soho based Roman and Williams take the cake for creativity and balance. They're not reinventing the wheel or anything they just know how to take from the past, marry it with the present and look towards the future. That may sound corny but good design in my mind is not about creating something so new and whacky that no one can stand to look at it. It's about working inside a certain set of aesthetic rules while also putting your own personal mark on it. R&W does this by knowing their materials and knowing exactly what they can squeeze out of them. These are a few shots from their offices on Lafayette st. Thanks to my friend Meghan Edwards, I recently had the pleasure of attending a holiday party there. It was, as I expected, much better in person. Pictures are great for establishing the feel for a place but nothing beats being able to wonder around in someone else's environement and soak up their vibe. Yeah I said it, vibe. I'm sure I'll be posting more from them but for now head on over to The Scout for some more photos and a great little video.

No comments:

Post a Comment